Archaeological Museum of Morgantina
Located in Aidone, at Largo Torre Trupia, the Archaeological Museum of Morgantina was placed in the former Convent of the Capuchin Fathers, built between 1611 and 1613. The museum exhibits in setting all come from the excavations of Morgantina since 1955. From great didactic value, the exposure is supported by maps, photographs and explanatory panels. Room after room, it tells the story of Morgantina, with galleries dedicated to prehistoric objects of the archaic age of the archaeological site to the medieval findings, an evident sign of presence in the places up to the Arab-Norman age. Among the most famous archaeological findings of Morgantina, the Museum of Aidone houses the silver treasure, found in the so-called house of Eupòlemos, the Acroliti and the statue of the goddess.
The Archaeological Museum of Morgantina is located in Largo Torres Trupia, 94010, Aidone (Enna). Phone : + 39 093587307 - E-mail: @ urp.parco.archeo.morgantina regione.sicilia.it. Website: / www.deadimorgantina.it.
Time of admission to the museum and the archaeological site: every day from 9am to 7pm.